How many times have you found yourself coming home after a busy day at the office or at home wrangling children, and wished there was an easier way to have a healthy meal on the table with minimal effort? We’ve all been there and felt the urge to cave and order unhealthy takeout just to get the meal out of the way. Well, we're here to tell you that meal prep is your solution.
In this series, contributor Meredith Grace shares her favorite make-ahead meals that your family will love, based on Z Living shows.
On a recent episode of Recipe Rehab, celebrity chefs Vikki Krinsky and Richard Rosendale transform the Newton family’s banana cream pie recipe, which was chockfull of sugar and fat, into a healthier version. Z Living contributor Meredith Grace was inspired to turn the Newton family's sweet treat into a healthy breakfast dish to enjoy in the morning. Here's how to try it yourself:
Watch how chefs Vikki and Rosendale approached the Newton Family's Banana Cream pudding here!
More Make Ahead Meals:
WATCH on Z Living
- Place oats, milk, yogurt and chia seeds into a jar.
- Using a fork, mash ½ of the banana and add to the jar.
- Slice the remaining half and also add to the jar. Sprinkle the vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg over the mixture.
- Close the jar tightly, and shake until combined (this may take a few minutes, think of it as an arm workout!).
- Place in the fridge overnight, enjoy the next morning!
: Recipe Rehab
, where each week two chefs face off in a competition to give one family's high-calorie recipe a new low-calorie twist.