Paleo dieting can be pretty yummy, considering there’s so much meat, eggs, and fish that you can feast on, but it can also be challenging on those who love a hint of salt, dairy, and grains.
If you're aching for a tasty Paleo breakfast treat, check out this genius recipe thought up by Marla Sarris. She’s the founder of Paleo Porn
, and co-author of Pigskin Paleo
with her husband Jeff. Marla created this delicious, super pretty, and mega nutritious dish that’s surprisingly easy and quick to throw together.
These egg muffins will not only be a guaranteed hit with your kids and adult family members, they are also nutritional powerhouses thanks to eggs being a fantastic source of lean protein
, along with heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and vitamins, such as B12, D, riboflavin and folate.
Can’t wait to get started? Check out the recipe below, and don’t forget to have fun while you whip it up:
SAVORY PALEO BREAKFAST MUFFINS
- 8 strips uncooked bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup onions, minced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, minced
- 9 large eggs
- 3-5 fresh chives, minced
- Coarse ground sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine bacon, onion, and green pepper in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- In a regular-size muffin pan, add parchment muffin liners and add bacon mixture to cover 3/4 of each cup.
- Crack a single egg on top of each bacon mixture.
- Sprinkle the top of each egg with minced chives and a pinch of sea salt.
- Bake muffins for 20 minutes, remove from oven and serve.