Warm your insides this winter with this twist on a traditional crowd-pleaser. If you're a fan of hot chocolate and are looking for a healthier recipe — or just need a dairy-free alternative — then our show Recipe Rehab has the answer. Whip up this simple, light, coconut-based beverage that is not only easy to make but is bursts with flavor. Watch the clip from the show above to see how it's done.
Catch more healthy recipes on Recipe Rehab every Wednesday at 5 PM. Find out where to watch the show. Missed an episode, or don't yet get Z Living from your provider? Watch it now by signing up for Z Living GO, where you can watch all the episodes plus live TV — you'll get a free 30-day trial.
Total Time: 10 Mins Prep: 5 Mins Serves: 2 Level: Beginner
- 1 can of light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of pumpkin purée
- Mix all the ingredients together in a blender on low.
- Pour liquid into a pot until boiling and let simmer for 3-4 minutes.