Those with Vata dosha often feel cold and shouldn’t give up on soothing soups just because it’s summer season. Use fresh seasonal vegetables in a soup that will replenish your mind, body and spirit, and comfort you to the core.
If, however, the temperature rises considerably, this soup can be chilled and served cool. But we like it best when it’s dished out straight from the stove.
- In a large pot over medium heat, combine broth, water, celery, carrots, and rice.
- Bring to a boil before reducing to a simmer.
- Stir frequently to prevent rice from sticking or clumping.
- In a separate pan, sauté the zucchini, squash, onion and garlic in olive oil until they are tender, but not browned.
- Add this mixture to the pot and continue to cook over low heat for 30-40 minutes, or until vegetables and rice are tender.
- Serve immediately, or let cool completely and refrigerate to serve cold.