Cutting out pasta to adhere to a low-carb diet is not very easy to do. However, not all pasta is bad for you, especially if they are made of red lentils. Lentils are packed with protein and fiber and come low in fat and sugar.
Red lentil pasta has great-tasting flavor and can help you stay full for longer periods of time, kicking out all the unnecessary cravings you would experience throughout the day. The flavor doesn’t just stop here, we’re adding in artichoke halves to double the health benefits of your delicious meal.
Artichokes are another high-fiber food and contain antioxidants that protect you from certain cancers and reduce the risk of developing health problems. Artichokes are as tasty as they are healthy, and a pleasant, textural addition to the red lentil pasta.
The best part about this recipe is that it’s easy to make and cooking time is under 20 minutes. This red lentil and artichoke pasta recipe is perfect if you are on-the-go and need a quick, yet healthy meal to keep you going.
Red Lentil and Artichoke Pasta Recipe
- Olive oil
- 4 cups of water
- 2 teaspoons of garlic
- 2 1/2 cups of red lentil pasta
- 1/2 cup of artichoke halves, diced
- 1/2 cup of black olives
- 1 cup of kale
- 2 tablespoons of pesto sauce
- 1 tablespoon of marinara sauce
- Pour the red lentil pasta into a pot and add 4 cups of water over medium heat. Let the pasta boil for 10 minutes before draining the water from the pot.
- After all the water has been drained, place the pot with the red lentils over low heat and add the garlic, kale, artichoke halves, and olives.
- Gently stir all the ingredients together over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat back to low and add the pesto sauce and marinara sauce. Gently stir until the sauces have blended with the other ingredients.
- Cover the pot with a lid and let it sit for 5 – 10 minutes before serving.