Cauliflower is part of the same family that includes Brussel sprouts, broccoli, kale, and cabbage. One of the most healthy vegetables, cauliflower contains natural antioxidants that help fight the free radicals in our bodies and are packed with anti-inflammatory properties.
If this delicious vegetable is not part of your diet just yet, you will want to add it in as soon as you can to reap all the health benefits it offers. Cauliflower helps to fight cancer, brain and heart diseases and keeps you from putting on weight. Among these health benefits, cauliflower also promotes good eye health and regulates hormone levels.
Low in calories and high in health, cauliflowers can be eaten raw, baked, mashed or even riced. An easy veggie to cook with, this recipe only requires 20 minutes of cooking time and very little effort.
All the ingredients can be found at your local grocery store or they might be lying around your kitchen.
Oven Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
- 12 oz. of cauliflower florets
- Olive oil
- 4 teaspoons of curry powder
- 4 teaspoons of cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 medium lemon
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. While the oven is heating up, add cauliflower florets to a large bowl with olive oil and mix.
- Add in the rest of the powdered ingredients and mix well.
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with olive oil and add the cauliflower mixture onto the sheet followed by squeezing 1/2 lemon all over the cauliflower florets.
- Once the oven is ready, place the baking sheet in the middle of the oven for 15 minutes. You can check to see if the cauliflower has been lightly browned, and depending on how crisp you like it, you can leave it in the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Let cauliflower florets cool for 5 minutes before serving.