Polycystic Ovarian Disease (PCOD) or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is a problem commonly found in many women these days. It presents itself as small cysts in the ovaries that are filled with fluid. For a woman in her reproductive years, it can present a problem as it interferes with the normal functioning of the ovaries.
Some of the commonly found symptoms in women who suffer from PCOD or PCOS include irregular menstruation, hormonal imbalance leading to excessive facial hair, obesity and acne breakouts. While the symptoms are common, the experience of two women suffering from this condition will not necessarily be similar. Also, since all the symptoms might not present at the same time, you need a smart physician to diagnose it.
While some are more comfortable with the allopathic treatments involving medication as well as surgeries, there are some who are scared to try the conventional ways, fearing side effects. For such women, homeopathy can provide a safe option. This holistic form of treating a disease has helped many by curing the disease from the root cause instead of just treating the symptoms.
How does homeopathy work?
- Homeopathic medicines are “safe” medicines that take a substantially long time to work but do not have any side effects. It is a holistic form of treatment which can also prevent deterioration of health further.
- The medicines are designed to correct hormonal imbalances and regularize menstrual cycles by normalizing ovulation. There are some experts who claim that homeopathy can also help dissolve the cysts from the ovaries.
- The gentle formulations of the homeopathic medicines ensure that they provide effective treatment without side effects. The hormonal surges that are caused due to irregular menstruation can be kept in check with homeopathic treatments and this in turn can control many other hormone related symptoms. However, there are not many who would agree that the treatment can provide a cure for PCOD or PCOS.
- While conventional medical treatment would have a set of medicines that will be prescribed to most women suffering from the same problem, homeopathy has a more individualistic approach. As explained before, no two women display the same symptoms therefore their sufferings are unique too. Homeopathy allows for different medicines to treat different symptoms in women suffering from PCOD or PCOS.
- Some of the probable causes of PCOD or PCOS are unhealthy eating or lifestyle, substance abuse, obesity and excessive stress. By controlling these parameters and supplementing the conventional medicines with homeopathy, one can experience substantial relief.
- Homeopathy can also be used to keep in check the various side effects that may arise due to conventional medications.
- Not only is it useful for checking hormonal imbalances, homeopathy can also help women who are unable to conceive.