- Mustard Leaves (large bunch, shred or tear by hand)
- Raw sesame oil (5-6 cups)
- Squares of cotton fabric (about 12 inches x 12 inches)
- Begin by heating a small amount of oil, (1/4 to 1/2 cup) in a wok. When oil starts to crackle, slowly drop shredded pieces of mustard leaves. Toss leaves in the oil for two or three minutes. (Leaves should still be crispy, not soggy.)
- Continue adding leaves and pour in more oil if needed.
- Next, scoop mustard leaves into center of fabric and tie off with a strip of fabric. Bolus, which means ball in Latin, should resemble a large tea bag.
- Repeat to make additional boluses. Softly pound and rub boluses on back, legs or other areas to relieve pain.