Cacay oil is this season's hottest beauty elixir. Why? Because of its potent anti-aging solution. Cacay oil has 50 percent more vitamin E than argan oil. Also, it contains three times as much retinol as rosehip oil, which (for the record) is the key component in wrinkle-lift concoctions commercial brands try so hard to perfect.
Extracted from the humble cacay nut that's found in South America, we explain why this beauty oil has become such a prized possesion:
- Protects the Skin: Cacay oil helps repair the hydrolipidic layer, which is the part of the skin that protects you from infections, irritations and allergies, and is usually stripped away by cosmetic cleansers.
- Improves Elasticity: The high vitamin E doses keep the skin plump and help contain your youthful looks for longer. They also stimulate quick cell renewal which means you will have fewer scars, deep-set lines, sallowness, and sun damage.
- Keeps The Skin Hydrated: Cacay oil penetrates the skin and is more easily absorbed by the pores compared to other essential oils. This results in long-lasting hydration which means you can do away with your moisturizer and eye cream if you've slapped on some of the oiling solution.
- Makes Your Skin Resilient: Retinol is key to quick cell turnover, and just by resetting the clock on old cells at a faster rate, the chances of having clogged or large pores are minimized. This means less acne and much healthier-looking skin.
- Stimulates Collagen Production: Think of collagen as a glue-like substance that holds our cells together. As we age, our collagen production takes a hit and our skin begins to sag. Now, because cacay oil penetrates the deepest layers of the skin where the collagen is produced, it regenerates and replenishes it at the source, and there's nothing better than that, of course.
- Gives You A Natural Facelift: Cacay oil rebuilds and replenishes skin tissue, visibly reducing wrinkles which is what gives you a natural facelift and an immediate plumping effect. It also tempers dark spots and discoloration, which are common aging signs.
Priced at $38.90 for 1fl oz (30ml), you can buy it here
. For those who want to stretch this product and get more use out of its limited quantity on a daily basis, here's the recipe to a cacay oil DIY face mask with more anti-aging ingredients:
- 1/2 banana
- 1tbsp yogurt
- 1tbsp honey
- 3-4 drops cacay oil
- In a bowl, mash up half the banana to form a smooth paste. (Bananas are rich in amino acids that help tighten the skin.)
- Next, add the honey to the banana mix and stir well. (Honey is packed with antioxidants that help slow down the aging process.)
- Now, blend in the yogurt to create a smooth and applicable paste. (Yogurt acts as an exfoliant and helps get rid of dead skin, smoothens out fine lines, tightens the pores and hydrates the pores.)
- Finally, add 3-4 drops of cacay oil and mix well.
Simply apply the mask on to clean, dry skin. Make sure you thoroughly coat the skin on your face and neck, slowly massaging the mix into the skin. The circular motions will stimulate the cells and help with penetration. After you have applied the mask, let it dry out completely, leaving it on for about 20 minutes to an hour. In the end, rinse off the mask with tepid water and pat dry.