It really plays on your curiosity when you find a humble kitchen ingredient being listed as a beauty solution with very tall claims. More so, one that comes with anti-aging benefits, because let’s face it, we’re always trying to stop the ticking clock on our wrinkles and fine lines.
Such is the power of yeast. When featured in the ‘Ingredients’ tab of Kiehl’s, SkinCeuticals, REN and SK-II, it really doesn’t jump out at you; well, things are about to change. Move over bread, stay put wine, and bring in the yeast for further inspection. We’re about to dissect this organism for all that it’s worth, when it comes to anti-aging.
- Yeast has amino acids (nourish), proteins (boost collagen), minerals (lend vibrancy), antioxidants (treat damage,prevent free radicals) and vitamin B (fights aging through hydration).
- When used topically, it invigorates the aged skin cells and accelerates the rate at which they are repaired, restored or renewed.
- Yeast helps even out skin tone by treating sun damage, dark spots and pigmentation.
- It improves the elasticity of the skin, making it appear firm and plump with more bounce-back qualities.
- Application also helps soothe inflammations and treat rashes, and makes the skin more resilient over time.
Anti-Aging DIY With Yeast
In a bowl, mix 1tbsp yeast to 2tbsp warm milk and 1tsp honey. If honey does not agree with you, you can add egg yolk (for oily skin), or egg whites (for acne-prone skin), or vegetable oil (for dry skin). Leave it on for 20 minutes before washing with tepid water.
With all the right reasons and a simple and easy-to-use solution, care to spare a little yeast to activate the collagen production and iron out your wrinkles?