Toning your skin should be an integral part of your skincare regimen. When you cleanse your face, natural oils come to the surface. After which, if you don’t tone your skin, these oils will stay on the surface and attract dirt and grime leading to acne and pimples. Instead of spending tons of money on buying toners from the market that are chock-full of chemicals, you can make your own natural skin toner with simple ingredients from your kitchen.
Here are a few simple recipes that you can try at home to pamper your skin and enjoy a spa-like experience.
1. Get Fresh, Clean Skin With: Mint Skin Toner
You can use this natural skin toner on your face every day after cleaning your skin. It helps remove any trace of dirt, soap and your cleanser.
- Take 20-30 fresh mint leaves. Pour about 1.5 liters of hot water and allow them to steep for about 10 minutes. Strain and let the liquid cool.
2. Avoid Dry Skin With: Cucumber & Yogurt Skin Toner
This is great for oily skin as it will remove excess oil and leave your skin feeling smooth and soft.
- Grate a cucumber and squeeze out the excess water.
- Add 1/2 cup of natural yogurt and blend it well to get a creamy consistency.
- Apply the cucumber and yogurt mix on your face for about 10 minutes.
3. Rid Scaly Skin With: Peaches & Olive Oil Skin Toner
The peaches will nourish your skin, while the olive oil will moisturize it.
- Peel and mash two peaches using some olive oil.
- Add 1tsp of fresh single cream to the mixture.
- Apply it on your face and let it stay for 10 minutes. Wash your face with lukewarm water.
4. Get Rid Of Acne With: White Vinegar & Rose Water Skin Toner
The white vinegar is anti-bacterial and will get rid of pimple and acne-causing bacteria. The rose water makes your skin feel smooth and soft.
- Mix equal quantities of white vinegar and rose water.
- Dip a cotton ball in this natural skin toner to clean and tone your face.
5. Get Ageless Beauty With: Green Tea Skin Toner
Green tea is filled with antioxidants that get rid of free radicals. After applying this toner, you will notice your skin has a natural glow and stays soft the entire day.
- Soak green tea in hot water for about 10 minutes.
- Strain and let cool.
- Apply this toner on your face first thing in the morning.
6. Get Smooth Skin With: Chamomile Tea Skin Toner
This toner will leave your skin feeling smooth and clean.
- Boil a teabag in 100ml water for approximately five minutes. Let it cool.
- Use a cotton ball to dab your face with tea.
- Let your face air dry. Don’t rinse afterwards.
7. Stay Fresh All Day With: Apple & Honey Skin Toner
This natural skin toner makes your skin radiant and keeps it fresh all day long. Try and use natural honey for its anti-bacterial properties.
- Purée one ripe apple in a blender.
- Add honey to the purée and apply the mixture on your face.
- Let the mixture stay for 15 minutes before washing off with some lukewarm water.
8. Remove Excessive Tan With: Lemon Juice Toner
The humble lemon juice has so many uses and one of them is helping get rid of excess oil and grease from the face. This will remove all traces of oil and help clear your complexion.
- Apply lemon juice and allow it to remain for 10 minutes before washing off with plain water.
9. Get Radiant Skin With: Vegetable Oil, Lemon Juice & Honey Skin Toner
While vegetable oil contains phytochemicals and nutrients to moisturize and strengthen skin, lemon juice has astringent properties and honey is a natural cleanser.
- Mix 1/4tbsp of any vegetable oil with 1/4tsp lemon juice and 1tsp honey.
- Blend the ingredients well and apply this mixture on your face.
- Wash your face after 10 minutes with lukewarm water.
There are so many natural ingredients that can make wonderful skin toners. Probe your kitchen and you will find all the ingredients right in front of you.