Avocados. They’ve been a beauty staple among ancient Aztec, Mayan and Inca women, who relied on such natural ingredients for their beautification. Well, it seems like the ladies were on to something, for years later, this fruit is now making beauty buzz for its natural oils, fatty acids, vitamin C, minerals and antioxidants.
With topical application, you are directly injecting your pores with anti-aging and moisturizing nutrients, and giving your skin a doze of vitamins E and K, too.
With that in mind, we teach you how to whip up a face mask that will help reduce fine lines and wrinkles, and have a plumping effect on your skin.
- 1 egg (packed with protein, it promotes cell production, helps shrink the pores and tightens the skin)
- 2 medium-sized carrots (rich in vitamin A, or retinol, they boost collagen production)
- 1/2 ripe avocado (it has natural oils, fatty acids, vitamin C, minerals and antioxidants… ’nuff said!)
- 2tbsp honey (famed for its antioxidant and moisturizing qualities, the natural cleanser exfoliates and detoxes the skin)
- 2tbsp heavy cream (for extreme nourishment and hydration to provide a plumping effect)
Warm up the honey and boil the carrots. In a food processor, add all the ingredients and blitz to make a smooth paste. Apply to a clean face and leave it on for 15-20 minutes. Alternately use cold and warm water to wash off the mask, but be sure to end with a cold splash and pat dry. Moisturize and you’re done.