- To make the spring rolls: Soak the vermicelli in a large bowl of cold water for 30 minutes; drain.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Add the vermicelli and cook just until al dente, about 1 minute. Drain well in a colander. Rinse the noodles with cold water; drain well again.
- Fill a large bowl with hot water. Dip 1 wrapper into the hot water for 3 seconds to soften slightly. Lay the wrapper flat on the work surface.
- Lay 1 piece of lettuce across the center of the wrapper then top the lettuce with a small handful of vermicelli, basil, mint, and cilantro, leaving about 1 1/2 inches uncovered on each end.
- Beginning with the side closest to you, tightly roll the wrapper around the fillings. Once you have rolled about half of the wrapper around the fillings, arrange 2 shrimp halves, pink side down, on the wrapper. Fold the uncovered ends inward, then finish rolling up the wrapper to enclose the shrimp and fillings completely.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients to form 7 more spring rolls.
- Meanwhile, to make the Hoisin Peanut Sauce: Mix the hoisin sauce, peanut butter, water, and 1 tablespoon of vinegar in a small bowl to blend. Season the sauce to taste, adding more vinegar, if desired.
- Serve the spring rolls with the Hoisin Peanut Sauce.
Head to our Food section for healthy recipes and the latest food trends.
More Healthy Recipes here.