In anticipation of Z Living's upcoming original show Finding Fido, where underwater dog photographer (yes, that's right) and behaviorist Seth Casteel hosts plays matchmaker each week between a person and a pooch, we're collecting and telling a series of heart-warming pet stories. Follow along and check back often; we'll have plenty to share!
Keep your dog busy by providing her with toys! It will contribute to your dog’s wellness. Owners often fail to realize that destructive dog behavior is attributed to boredom. In addition, some toys allow you to bond and play with your dog.
Additionally, some dog toys assist with the cleaning of your dog’s teeth.
Which dog toys are best? Which toy is best for your dog? In this article, we’ll take a look at 10 great toys for your dog.
1. DIY Knotted Towel — An old towel or washrag can be a great toy used for tug of war. Simple and effective, just make sure it’s clean!
2. Kong’s Cozie Marvin The Mouse — Most owners like this chew toy because of its durability. Easy to clean and maintain.
3. Outward’s Hound Hide-A-Squirrel Dog — Dogs love these three squeaky squirrels that come with a plush tree trunk. You can purchase in different sizes.
4. Benebone’s Bacon Flavored Wishbone Chew Toy — This super strong toy is made with real bacon flavor. Most owners of this toy say it is their dog’s favorite!
5. Kong’s Chew Toy — Recommended by trainers and veterinarians. This toy can be filled with treats to keep the dog occupied.
6. Nylabone Big Chew Toy — This toys is for the big boys and encourages constructive chewing. It also helps clean teeth and prevents tartar.
7. ChuckIt! Ultra Ball — These durable rubber balls are great for all environments. They float in water and are more durable than tennis balls.
8. Tough By Nature Hol-ee Roller — This rubber toy is great for stuffing with delicious dog treats. Safe for puppies or medium sized dogs.
9. StarMark Bob-A-Lot — This interactive toy lets you feed and exercise your dog at the same time! You can place treats inside and watch your dog while they play! As your dog plays with it, the toy dispenses treats!
10. PetSafe Busy Buddy Tug-A-Jug — Durable toy that helps promote clean teeth. You can use this toy to help keep your motivated. They’ll enjoy this toy while trying to get some of the treats inside.
Watch on Z Living: Finding Fido, where photographer and animal behaviorist Seth Casteel hosts plays matchmaker each week between a person and a pooch. Finding Fido premieres on Z Living in January 2017 (we know, we know, we're eager to watch too!).
In the meantime, we'll be sharing plenty of behind-the-scenes footage, interviews, and yes, adorable dog pics from the set of Finding Fido to keep you in the loop. Follow along and check back often.
Tell us YOUR heartwarming dog story! We're starting a new series called How I Found My Fido and would love to hear from you. Click here to submit your story.