In anticipation of Z Living's upcoming original show Finding Fido, where underwater dog photographer (yes, that's right) and behaviorist Seth Casteel hosts plays matchmaker each week between a person and a pooch, we're collecting and telling a series of heart-warming pet stories.Follow along and check back often; we'll have plenty to share!
Canned pumpkin is loaded with fiber and beta-carotene. It’s a great supplement to add to your dog’s food, especially if they are suffering from constipation or diarrhea. My pups enjoy pumpkin puree as a treat and I regularly add it to their kibble. They do deserve a cookie or two on occasion, but the natural, filler-free dog treats at the grocery store isn’t cheap. I decided to whip them up some nutritious homemade cookies that I wouldn’t feel guilty about giving them and it’s inexpensive to make.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. In a large bowl, stir together peanut butter, pumpkin and cinnamon.
- Stir in the flour 1/4 cup at a time, just until dough is no longer sticky. You may or may not use all the flour. Once the flour mixture starts to get a bit stiff, it’s easier to continue mixing with your hands.
- Lightly flour a flat surface. Roll the dough out to 1/4″ thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut out the dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes. Let cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Use the treats within one week.
- Give one or two of these delicious and nutritious treats to your furbabies. They will love you for it!
Watch on Z Living: Finding Fido, where photographer and animal behaviorist Seth Casteelhosts plays matchmaker each week between a person and a pooch. Finding Fido premieres on Z Living in January 2017 (we know, we know, we're eager to watch too!)
In the meantime, we'll be sharing plenty of behind-the-scenes footage, interviews, and yes, adorable dog pics from the set of Finding Fido to keep you in the loop. Follow along and check back often.
Tell us YOUR heartwarming dog story! We're starting a new series called How I Found My Fido and would love to hear from you. Click here to submit your story