4 Healthy Drinks To Have During Pregnancy
As your pregnancy gets confirmed, you will make many changes to take care of the baby inside you. One of the first and major change will be to go off all alcoholic or unhealthy drinks.
Drink More Water
Drinking eight to 10 glasses of water a day is extremely crucial, especially when you are pregnant. The changes happening within and outside your body can put you at a risk of getting dehydrated. Having enough water will keep your blood cells healthy and aid in lactation. Water prevents mood swings and keeps you feeling fresh.
Choose Nutrient-Rich Health Drinks
As the weeks progress, your baby will need more nutrition for its growth and development. To ensure both you and baby are healthy you can start having fresh drinks. Here are some health drinks that are high on taste and nutrition.
1. Tender Coconut Water
This is one of the freshest and most refreshing drinks you can have, especially when you are pregnant. Coconut water hydrates the body by replenishing the natural salts lost during sweating. It is also a healthy way to prevent dehydration and is loaded with micro-minerals that keep your BP levels steady. Drinking coconut water provides relief from acidity, heart burn and constipation, all of which are common during pregnancy.
Buttermilk helps you stay hydrated and keeps your body cool. It aids digestion and prevents you from feeling bloated.
3. Fresh *Homemade* Vegetable Juices
During pregnancy, it is important to have a good serving of fruits and vegetables in your daily diet. Fresh home-made vegetable juice fulfills this health requirement. Go for juices like carrot, beetroot, cucumber and spinach twice a week to see noticeable health benefits. Just be sure to avoid un-pasteurized juices as these can contain harmful bacteria (like listeria) that may harm you and your baby.
- Cucumbers keep you hydrated. They are low in calories and will not add any unnecessary weight to your growing body.
- Carrots are an excellent source of pro-vitamin A, vitamins C, D, E, K, B1 and B6, potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and biotin.
- Beets increase your iron content, an importnat building block for your growing baby. It contains folic acid and vitamin C and keeps any blood impurities at bay.
- Spinach contains folic acid and vitamin A that assists in the growth and development of your babys heart, bones, lungs, eyes, kidneys and central nervous system.
4. Fresh Fruit Juices
Fresh fruit juices such asapples, sweet limes and oranges can help meet your nutritional needs.
- Apples protect your unborn baby against asthma. It is rich in iron and helps prevent anemia. Drinking a glass of apple juice each day improves digestion and boosts metabolism.
- Limes and oranges are rich in minerals and vitamins and aid in digestion. They contain a high amount of vitamin C and offer natural protection against cold and cough.
These healthy drinks can provide you and your baby with much-needed nutrition for a healthy pregnancy.
You May Also Enjoy
If you haven’t yet had time to take a vacation, even for just a few days, now is an excellent time before you head into the third more >>