- 2 cups black beans, cooked (canned are okay)
- 2-3 cups quinoa, cooked
- 1 red onion, peeled and minced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced small
- 12-16 ounces chicken, cooked and diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons red or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup granules or other natural sugar (optional)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Sea salt, to taste
- Combine cooked black beans, cooked quinoa, red onion, red pepper and diced chicken.
- In a food processor pulse cilantro, lime juice, red wine vinegar, natural sugar (if desired), olive oil, cumin, black pepper and sea salt.
- Pour dressing on top of black bean and quinoa salad and marinate for 35-40 minutes (or longer).