Blackberry Sipping Vinegar:
- 2 cups blackberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
Ginger-Infused Herbal Tea:
- One 6-inch piece ginger, sliced into coins and smashed
- 2 mixed berry herbal tea bags
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup elderflower syrup
- Seltzer water, to top off
- 24 slices cucumber (3 slices per drink), for garnish
- 8 thinly sliced ginger coins, for garnish
- 8 fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
For the blackberry sipping vinegar: Mash the blackberries and sugar together in a bowl, cover and refrigerate for 2 days, stirring occasionally. Add the vinegar to the macerated blackberries and refrigerate for another day. Press the mixture through a fine mesh strainer, discarding the solids. Transfer your sipping vinegar to a container.
For the herbal tea: Combine the ginger and 2 1/2 cups water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the tea bags and turn off the heat. Let the mixture steep for 5 minutes, then strain and cool.
For the spritzer: Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add 2 ounces blackberry sipping vinegar, 2 ounces cooled herbal tea, 1/2 ounce lemon juice and 1/2 ounce elderflower syrup. Shake vigorously and pour over a glass filled with ice. Top off with some seltzer and garnish with 3 cucumber slices, 1 ginger coin and a mint sprig.