For the Soup:
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped into florets
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup veggie stock or water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 avocado, diced (optional)
For the Toppings:
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 avocado cubed into pieces
- 1/4 cup arame, broken into pieces
- 1 teaspoon dulse flakes or kelp granules
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Steam broccoli until slightly tender, approximately three minutes.
- In the meantime, add celery, onion, garlic, ginger, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper to high-speed blender.
- Add the broccoli and ½ cup veggie stock or water. Blend until well combined.
- If soup seems too thick, adjust consistency with more veggie stock or water.
- Add olive oil and adjust seasoning with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Soak dried arame in water for 5 to 10 minutes and then rinse.
- Add soup to serving bowls and top with pumpkin seeds, avocado, arame, dulse or kelp and cayenne.