- 1 cup water
- 1 cup unrefined sugar
- 1 cup of fresh lime juice, about 7 limes
- zest from 2 limes
- 1 normal sized ripe cantaloupe, seeds and skin removed
To make the limeade:
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, dissolve the sugar with the water.
- It will only take a couple minutes, be sure to keep an eye on it.
- Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Add the fresh lime juice and zest to the sugar water mixture, stir.
To make the Agua Fresca:
- In a blender add the cantaloupe and give it a whirl until you creamy juice, about 1 minute.
- Add a little of the limeade, pulse until blended.
- Pour the cantaloupe mixture into a pitcher and gently stir in rest of the limeade.
- Serve over ice.
Recipe courtesy of Chezus