- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 3 cups assorted vegetables, a mix of any or all of these: frozen peas, diced zucchini, diced yellow squash, shredded carrot, sliced mushrooms
- 2 to 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 4 cloves black garlic, sliced
- A small handful of goldenberries or goji berries
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil in a large deep skillet over low heat.
- Add onion and cook until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and cook 1 minute.
- Turn heat to medium and add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the pan. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in curry powder. Pour in coconut milk and add vegetables.
- Cover and simmer until the vegetables are soft and the chicken is cooked through, about 12 minutes. Serve in bowls with rice.
Indian Chicken Curry