- Bones and/or other chicken parts from one chicken
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 3-4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1/4 bunch parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- Water to cover
- Bring bones and water to a boil in a large pot. Skim off foam and discard.
- Add onions, carrots, thyme, parsley, sea salt and peppercorns.
- Bring back to boil then cover and simmer 3-4 hours.
- Strain bones and vegetables from liquid and discard.
- Place stock in the fridge and let fat congeal.
- Skim off fat and discard.