- 1 bunch asparagus (1-2 pounds)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and diced
- 1 red potato, diced
- 1 leek, cleaned and chopped
- 5-6 cups water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons scallions, diced
- Remove and discard woody stems from the bottom of the asparagus (about 1 inch).
- Put asparagus, garlic, diced potato, leek, water, and sea salt. Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce flame to medium and cook for 10-15 minutes or until potato is soft.
- Remove vegetables and puree in a food processor. Add back to soup.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with scallions.