- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large leek, cleaned and chopped
- 2 celeriac (celery root), peeled and cut into large chunks
- 4-5 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 scallion, minced
- In a sauce pot over high heat, sauté leek in butter. Add chopped celery root, chicken stock and sea salt. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce to medium-low heat for 20 minutes, or until vegetables are soft.
- Remove vegetables with a slotted spoon, leaving the liquid in the pot. Purée vegetables in a food processor or blender. You may add some of the liquid to the mix in the processor, for a creamier consistency.
- Return the puréed vegetables to the pot with the remaining broth. Add a dash of freshly ground black pepper. Garnish with minced scallions.