- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and seeded (can also use kabocha squash or pumpkin)
- 2-3 inches ginger, peeled and chopped
- 5-6 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 2 scallions, minced
- Sauté onion in for 2-3 minutes. Add squash, ginger, stock and sea salt.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to medium for 7-10 minutes.
- Remove squash, ginger and onion with a slotted spoon and puree in a food processor.
- Add back to soup and simmer for a minute to blend flavors. Ladle into bowls and garnish with scallions.
Carrot Ginger Soup Recipe
Carrot Beet Ginger Juice