For cookie dough:
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup Swerve sugar substitute (available at natural foods stores and online)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup light agave nectar (available at natural foods stores and online)
- 2 droppers vanilla cream stevia liquid (available at natural foods stores and online)
- 3 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1 cup potato flour
- 2 teaspoons Stevia Plus powder (available at natural foods stores and online)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum (available at natural foods stores and online)
- 1/2 cup Swerve sugar substitute, powdered
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon whey protein powder
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon almond milk
- 1 dropper vanilla cream liquid stevia
- 2 teaspoons light agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons beet, strawberry, spinach powder
- In a stand-up mixer with paddle attachment, cream shortening and Swerve. Add eggs and beat until fluffy. Add vanilla, sour cream, agave and liquid stevia.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flours, stevia powder, baking powder, baking soda and xanthan gum.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients in stand-up mixer and mix. If needed, add a bit of flour to hands first and then form dough into a ball. Wrap in plastic. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight for best results to firm up dough.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Between two floured sheets of wax paper, roll out dough to about 1/4-inch thick. Peel off the top layer of wax paper and cut out cookies with floured cookie cutters; place on ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat till all dough is used. This dough is very durable and can be rolled out many times.
- Bake in preheated oven for 6 to 8 minutes. The thickness of the dough will determine long to bake the cookies. Cookies are done when spring back to the touch. Watch cookies carefully—they should not brown or even be golden, but will appear white when they are done. Cool on a wire rack.
To powder Swerve, place in a high-powdered blender and blend on high for five seconds.
In a small bowl, mix well Swerve, protein powder, almond, milk, liquid stevia, agave, and fruit or vegetable powder. Frost cookies when cooled.