This Asian-inspired salad pairs crisp, spicy radishes with more subtle asparagus for a vegetable side that’s packed with vitamins and antioxidants, not to mention sharp summer flavor. Have this salad on its own for lunch or pair it with anything off the grill for dinner. Its crowd-pleasing blend of sweet-spicy-salty flavor will go over well at any picnic or barbecue.
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut on the diagonal
- 1 bunch radishes, trimmed and quartered
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (preferably the reduced-sodium variety)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- Toasted sesame seeds (optional)
Steam the asparagus over boiling water until the stalks are tender, but not too soft. Transfer to a bowl of ice water to halt cooking. Combine asparagus and radishes in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, vinegar and sesame oil. Dress the vegetable mix and top with chopped scallion. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds, if desired.
Vegetable Soup Recipes: Comfort, Nutrition And Flavor
Search For A Great Veggie Burger Recipe Ends Here
Healthy Desserts: Berry Frozen Yogurt