- Cooking Spray
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup walnut s (optional), toasted and chopped
- ½ cup (1/4 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons whole milk, plus more as needed
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1 to 2 drops green food coloring
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9×13-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Line the dish with foil so there is a 1-inch overhang on all sides. Coat the foil with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, sugar, and vanilla. Using an electric mixer, beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Gradually stir the flour mixture into the egg-butter mixture until blended. Stir in the walnuts (if using). Spread the batter evenly into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake until a cake tester inserted comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- In a bowl, combine the butter, milk, corn syrup, mint extract, food coloring, powdered sugar, and salt. Using an electric mixer, beat until smooth, adding more milk if the icing is to thick.
- Cut into bars and serve.
Courtesy of Kelsey Nixon Kitchen Confidence
Gluten-Free, Guilt-Free Brownie Recipe
Healthy Desserts: Berry Frozen Yogurt