- 4 swordfish steaks, 8 ounces each
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 6 whole garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons whole poppy seed
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon whole cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, ground
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Place fish steaks in a shallow baking pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, poppy seeds, paprika, cumin, salt, and black pepper until completely emulsified. Stir in parsley and cilantro.
- Set aside 1/2 cup marinade. Pour the remaining marinade over the fish in the baking pan, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or overnight. Turn fish over in pan halfway through marinating.
- Prepare the grill.
- Grill the fish until the flesh flakes easily, approximately 10 minutes per inch of thickness. Spoon the reserved marinade over the cooked fish and serve immediately