- 6 small ripe avocados, halved, pitted, and pulp scooped from skin and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 small shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup of ¼-inch-diced green tomatoes (substitute with red or cherry tomatoes)
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
In a small bowl combine the avocado pulp and salt and mash coarsely with a fork. Add chili flakes, shallots, and lime juice, and mix well. Gently fold in the green tomatoes and cilantro. Season with more salt and freshly ground pepper. Serve immediately with Plantain Chips.
Cooking tip: To easily remove the seed of an avocado, cut lengthwise all the way around the whole avocado. Then twist the halves to separate. Firmly hit the seed with a knife so that it embeds into the seed, then gently twist the knife until the seed pops out. Then scoop out the flesh with a spoon.