Rich in antioxidants and high in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and many other nutrients, cranberries provide a guilt-free and health-boosting addition to your breakfast cereal. Enjoy this combination of softened grains, nuts, dried fruit and yogurt for breakfast and begin your day feeling refreshed and energized.
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened or fruit-juice-sweetened cranberry juice
- 6 tablespoons old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick-cooking or steel-cut)
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Combine yogurt, juice, oats, cranberries, sunflower seeds, wheat germ, honey, vanilla and salt in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours. Keep for up to 24 hours.