- 2 medium-small firm bananas, peeled
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark rum, or orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla ice cream, or frozen yogurt
Cut bananas in half lengthwise. Melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add brown sugar and lay the banana slices on top with the cut side up. Cook for 20 seconds. Carefully add rum (or orange juice) and cinnamon, and then cook for 10 more seconds.
Flip the bananas gently and heat them for just 45-60 seconds more, basting with the pan sauce. Remove from heat, and divide the bananas between 2 dessert plates, drizzling the sauce on top. Serve immediately, with a scoop of ice cream or frozen yogurt.