Sure, the chocolate is indulgent, but this fruit-based dessert is healthier than most. Enjoy!
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 banana, peeled and cut into 8 pieces
- 8 1-inch chunks fresh pineapple
- 4 strawberries
- fondue forks or wooden skewers (available at most grocery stores)
Place chocolate, cream, espresso, vanilla and salt in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium, stirring every 20 seconds, until melted (1-2 minutes). Pour the chocolate mixture into a serving bowl. It will be hot, so use your forks or sticks for dipping.