- ¾ cup pitted dates, about 4 ounces
- ¾ cup shredded zucchini
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons finely ground cashews
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons honey, melted
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with baking cups or grease with coconut oil.
- Places the dates in a bowl of warm water for 10 minutes to soften.
- Spread the zucchini and carrots on a tray lined with a paper towel to drain some of the moisture while you prepare the batter.
- Place the dates, eggs, and applesauce in a food processor and process for 30 seconds, until smooth.
- Add the almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt and process for 15 seconds more.
- Wrap the paper towel around the vegetables and give them a light squeeze to remove excess moisture and fold them into batter.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups, filling each 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then on a wire rack until completely cooled.
- For the icing, whisk together the glaze ingredients in a bowl and drizzle over cooled cake before serving.
Courtesy of Danielle Walker’s book, Against All Grain
Healthy Muffin Recipes: Blueberry-Maple Muffins with Flax Seeds
Blueberry Cornbread Muffins