- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 cup Nigella Apple-Cranberry Relish
- In a medium bowl, blend flour with baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer on medium to cream butter until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes). Scrape down bowl and blend in sugar mix.
- Add eggs, honey, vanilla, and orange zest, and mix well about 1 minute. Fold in flour mixture in two additions, using a rubber spatula. Add relish and stir until distributed through batter. Batter will be stiff.
- Place batter into center of prepared baking sheet and pat into a loaf, measuring about 3 inches wide by 15 inches long. Bake at 350°F for 25 to 28 minutes.
- Loaf should feel firm and top should be dry, but it should not yet have begun to brown. Cool on a cooling rack for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 250°F.
- Using a serrated kitchen knife, cut loaf diagonally into 3/4 inch slices. Lay each slice on baking sheet. Pieces can be right next to each other.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until cookies are firm and dry. Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack. Let them cool completely (20 minutes should be enough).
The biscotti will keep in a covered container for up to 3 days, but they’ll soften up if left at room temperature. If you’d like to recrisp them, lay them out on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 250°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
Raspberry Chocolate Cookies