- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup shoyu
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 16 ounces lemon sole, fluke or flounder
- 1/4 cup nori flakes
- 1/4 cup dulse flakes (or kelp flakes)
- 4 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil
- Whisk together maple syrup, water, shoyu, ginger and garlic. Pour marinade over fish and marinate for 45 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator.
- In a plastic resealable baggie, combine nori flakes, dulse flakes, black sesame seeds and flour.
- Drop marinated fish into the baggie and shake to coat with flour mixture (make sure to reserve any remaining marinade).
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Sear fish, 2-3 minutes on each side.
- In a separate saucepot, bring marinade to a boil on a high heat. Cook uncovered until reduced by 2/3.
- Drizzle marinade reduction on top of fish before serving.