- 3/4 cup fresh organic pineapple
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1 cup ice made from filtered water
- 3/4 cup fresh organic Hawaiian papaya
- 1/2 cup baby carrots
- 1 scoop lactose-free vanilla whey or rice protein powder (available in natural foods stores)
- 1 dropper vanilla stevia liquid
- 1 teaspoon organic lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 rounded tablespoon organic unsweetened coconut for topping
Peel and cut up a fresh organic pineapple. Wrap individual 3/4-cup portions in foil and freeze overnight.
To prepare smoothie, add first three ingredients to a Vita-Mix, in the order in which they are listed. Blend on slowest speed, gradually increasing speed until smooth.
Add the remaining ingredients, except coconut, in the order in which they are listed. Blend on slowest speed, gradually increasing speed until smooth, adding water if needed.
Pour into a 16-ounce glass. Sprinkle coconut on top and eat with a spoon.