- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 8 ounces parmesan cheese or 1 ounce truffel, shaved
- Coarse salt and freshly gound black pepper
- For the poaching liquid, start with 3 inches of water in a saucepan or non-stick skillet.Bring to a simmer.
- Add either vinegar or lemon juice (1 teaspoon for each cup of water).
- Bring liquid to a boil, add eggs, then immediately remove from heat and cover. Eggs must be runny, so let them sit for 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add shallots and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the asparagus. Cook for 5 minutes and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Once cooked serve immediately, topped with a warm poached egg and parmesan or truffel shaving
Poached Eggs On Whole Grain Bread
Power Breakfast: Poached Egg & Choco-Banana Smoothie