- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- Sea salt
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, cleaned
- 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Rinse quinoa in a large bowl with cold water. Discard any grains that float to the top.
- Bring quinoa and 2 cups of fresh water to a boil. Add a pinch of sea salt. Lower heat to simmer; cover and cook 12-15 minutes (or until all the water evaporates).
- Combine cilantro, ginger, olive oil, rice vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt in a food processor or blender. Pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Toss cooked quinoa with cilantro pesto.