Recipe provided by Rachel Jane – Two Loves Studio
Makes approximately 9 popsicles (600ml / 20oz total mold capacity)
- 2 heaped cups of strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1 teaspoon corn flour (corn starch)
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup coconut water
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- Juice of half a lime
Popsicle molds (600ml / 20oz capacity. Double the recipe if you have larger or more molds to fill)
- Preheat the oven to 200 C (400 F).
- Place the hulled and halved strawberries in a baking tray. (If the strawberries are large, you may need to quarter them). Lightly dust them with corn flour using a sifter, make sure there are no clumps of corn flour. Roast the strawberries for 30 minutes or until the juice is slightly caramelised. Remove and allow to cool.
- In a blender, add the coconut milk, coconut cream, coconut water, lime juice and half of the roasted strawberries. Blend until smooth.
- Divide the remaining roasted strawberries between each icy pop mold. Pour the blended coconut mixture into each icy pop mold to fill. Freeze overnight.
- If you have excess, store it in an airtight container in the fridge until your icy pops have set over night. Take the icy pops from the molds and store in an airtight container in the freezer, layering with baking paper in between pops to make sure they don’t stick together.