- 3/4 zucchini cut in half lengthwise, slice across, 1/4 wide
- 3/4 pound yellow crookneck squash, cut same as zucchini
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved (colorful ones if possible: orange, yellow, red)
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced medium
- 1/2 cup scallions, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup cilantro, minced
- 1/3 cup filtered water
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix the salad ingredients together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a blender, pulse the salad dressing ingredients, besides the olive oil and the salt and pepper, together for a few seconds.
- When they’re well mixed, pour oil in slowly and allow the oil to blend into the mixture.
- Spoon some of the dressing on the salad, season with salt and pepper, and toss to lightly coat. Serve with remaining dressing on the side.