- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, cut in half, cleaned and sliced into thin half moons (use both white and green parts)
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 3-4 mushrooms, sliced thin
- 2 links organic turkey sausage, diced (turkey, pork or other sausage)
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 3/4 cups water
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Sauté leek for 1-2 minutes, then add celery and mushroom for 2-3 minutes.
- Add diced turkey sausage, cranberries and poultry seasoning and cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Put quinoa and water into the pan with the sautéed veggies and sausage, and bring to a boil.
- Add 1-2 pinches sea salt, cover and cook on low heat for 12-15 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.