This combination of peas, beans, and radish, dressed with a tangy lime marinade, is a tantalizing vegetable dish that makes an ideal meal.
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed and halved (about 2 cups)
- 7 ounces yellow wax beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 1 bunch radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced (about 10)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Steam peas in boiling water for 4 to 5 minutes, or until slightly tender.
- Transfer to a baking sheet lined with paper towel.
- Steam wax beans for 5 minutes, or until slightly tender.
- Transfer to the baking sheet and set aside for about 20 minutes to cool.
- Whisk lime juice, oil, cilantro, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add radishes, peas and beans; toss to coat.
Low Calorie Recipes: Healthy Cabbage Salad
Healthy Meals: Sweet and Tangy Watermelon Salad