- 2 dried chipotle chiles, stems removed
- 6 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt plus more as needed
- 2 tablespoons gochujang paste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 cups chopped sashimi-grade tuna
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 1 head bibb lettuce, leaves separated
1. In a small dry sauté pan, lightly toast the chipotle until the essential oils are extracted (about 2 minutes), and let cool.
2. Put the chipotle in a blender with gochujang paste, fish sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, 3 tablespoons of the grapeseed oil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Purée until smooth, and chill in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, lightly toss the tuna with the shallots and remaining 3 tablespoons of oil and salt to taste. Drizzle the tuna with the chipotle vinaigrette and serve wrapped in lettuce leaves.