- 1 cup white organic quinoa
- 1/2 cup red organic quinoa
- 3 cups filtered water
- 1/2 cup dried organic currants
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 medium leek, cut and washed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin organic coconut oil
- 1 bunch organic beet greens, washed and chopped
- 3 tablespoons light agave nectar
- Celtic sea salt to taste
- 3/4 cup walnut halves
In fine strainer, rinse red and white quinoa, place in medium saucepan. Add water, currants and cinnamon. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes on low heat. Set aside.
In large sauté pan on medium heat, heat coconut oil and add leek. Sauté until tender. Add beet greens and sauté until wilted. Add quinoa mixture, agave and salt. Mix carefully. Transfer to a serving dish and top with walnut halves.