- 7 ounces yellow plantain, peeled (about 7oz)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons organic cane sugar
- 1/2 cup arrowroot starch
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Pink Vegan Buttercream:
- 2 cups Spectrum organic shortening (room temperature)
- 1 cup tapioca starch
- 1 cup agave nectar (or Grade A light maple syrup)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon beet juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place plantain and coconut butter in food processor. Pulse until slightly pureed, scraping down sides with spatula as needed.
- Add in remaining ingredients and pulse until batter comes together, scraping down sides as needed needed. Dough with be soft and sticky.
- Transfer dough to bowl, cover with plastic wrap and chill 1 hour.
- Roll out dough on floured surface (using 1 part coconut flour and 1 part arrowroot starch) to 1/4-1/2 inch thickness. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake for 15 until golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- For buttercream frosting: place all the ingredients in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat with the whisk attachment until light and fluffy.