Cauliflower is an excellent source vitamin C, folate and antioxidants. Try it creamed with garlic and pepper for a satisfying winter side dish.
- 8 cups bite-sized cauliflower florets (about 1 head)
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/3 cup nonfat buttermilk
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of fresh minced rosemary to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Snipped fresh chives for garnish
Steam cauliflower florets and garlic until tender. Place the cooked cauliflower and garlic in a food processor. Add buttermilk, 2 teaspoons oil, butter, salt, rosemary and pepper; Pulse several times, then process until smooth and creamy. Transfer to a serving bowl. Drizzle with the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil and garnish with chives. Serve hot.
Love Fried Food? Use Olive Oil!
Stir-Fry Recipes: Sauteed Chard with Pepper and Garlic
Vitamin C Punch: Gooseberry Pickle