- 2 yellow squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 (28oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- Fresh basil, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add olive oil to saucepan over medium high heat. Sauté onions for 5 to 7 minutes until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for one more minute. Add the mushrooms; sauté for two more minutes. Then add the wine and increase the heat until wine simmers.
- Add the tomatoes, dried oregano, basil, bay leaf, and coconut sugar. Simmer for 1-2 hours until the sauce is reduced. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
- Cut the zucchini in half down the middle. Insert one half into the Spirooli slicer and turn until noodles are formed. Add to bowl and top with Tomato Mushroom Bolognese Sauce.