In an age when speed is of the essence, information travels in an instant and competition is cut-throat, it’s easy to get stressed and suffer the consequences of a hurried lifestyle. For many, stopping to slow down and smell the roses is not an easy option. But here are a few simple tricks and tips to battle stress and come out a winner.
- The Power Of Touch: Massage has been proven to soothe, heal, and even strengthen since centuries with traditional medicine recommending it very highly. Tap into this simple therapy by either visiting a professional therapist or learning how to give yourself a simple massage.
- Silence & Introspection: Whether it is practicing mindfulness or indulging in some meditation, you can connect with your inner self even when you have little time or energy to spare. Focus on your breathing and pay attention to your thoughts and actions. If you can, make use of tools like music to help you on your way.
- Physical Exercise: Exerting your body either in the gym, on the track or even in your home is guaranteed to have multiple benefits like keeping you fit, releasing mood-improving endorphins and best of all, releasing stress. Choose from yoga, Tai Chi, running and weight training, the type and quantity of exercise don’t matter as much as the quality.
- Unclutter & Prioritize: Keeping track of your tasks and stuff can solve a lot of unnecessary stress-inducing problems. Discard what you don’t need, learn to value what you have and streamline your actions and thoughts to be able to focus on what really matters.
- Nourish Your Body: Fueling your physical self with the right kind of diet will directly affect the quality of your life. Eat healthy, stay away from substances that harm you and include more items that enhance your performance.
- Learn To Switch Off: Being constantly connected to the internet, workplace and the media means you leave yourself open to many factors that can control your emotions and drain your energy. Giving yourself regular breaks will reduce this and allow you to be more present.
- Harness Essential Oils: Smell is one of the most powerful and primordial senses, so tap into the power of essential oils that possess the ability to relax, energize and even help you focus.
- Rest Regularly: No matter what you do, if you do not rest, no amount of food, exercise or meditation can help you get rid of stress. Follow a fixed sleeping ritual and avoid all actions, foods and devices that can possibly hamper your sleep.