It’s common sense really, your sex life is a pretty reliable barometer of how you feel and what you’re going through right now in general. But did you know that seemingly innocent factors are influencing it negatively?
Reduce or reverse their impact by first identifying and then fixing them. Here’s our little list to get you started.
- A Bad Diet
- It’s not just about being in the right mood; to make it through a night of passion, you sure need enough stamina to keep you going. But don’t scramble though your medicine cabinet already. There are plenty of natural foods that have the potential to increase your sexual stamina and oomph you up with energy for the night.
- The key to maintaining an optimal sex drive is to eat a healthy diet and maintain healthy weight. But if you’re already doing that and still feel like you could use more mojo, reach for these super libido-boosters that will make you feel a bit more amorous.
- Even though we might not be too familiar with all of their secret ingredients, science backs the fact that certain juices have properties that could enhance your libido and improve your sex drive. Plus, they’re chock full of nutrients that could benefit your overall health.
- Your Birth Control
Women who pop the pill are more at risk of experiencing sexual dysfunction. It could result in reduced interest in sex and may cause arousal problems as well. There are certain oral contraceptives that will bring down the intensity of your sexual desires and pleasures. The extent to which they will affect your libido depends on your body’s chemistry and the hormonal formulations in the pill that you are taking.
- Poor Communication Skills
- You should know that the sound of your lover’s voice is a potent intoxicant, whether they choose to whisper sweet nothings in your ear, moan in pleasure or even suggest naughty things they’d like you to do to them. Talking dirty during sex need not involve profanity or lewd language.
- Relationships are all about honesty, sharing and openness. When it comes to things like personal sexual fantasies, even the most vocal partners tend to think twice before opening up about their deepest, darkest desires. Go ahead, spill the beans and share your sexual fantasies with your partner.
- Your Frequency
Time and again, we’ve told you that sex is actually good for your health. If you’re in a new relationship, or happily in love, having sex daily or several times a day is a reflection of your passion, which is perfectly normal. However, is there such a thing as too much sex? Apparently—yes. A new study goes on to state that indulging in frequent sex might lower your sexual desire. Researchers at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh found that couples in their study who had more frequent sex, experienced a decrease in sexual desire. Instead of increasing the frequency, try to work on creating an environment that sparks desire and makes sex fun.
- Your Addictions
- Damage done to the blood vessels due to smoking can restrict blood flow and affect a man’s erection. Women and men who smoke have difficulty getting an orgasm and an increased infertility risk. Perhaps it’s time to kick the butt in order to tap some booty.
- While studies are being conducted to monitor the effects of cellular radiation on our bodies, what’s even more alarming is the social and psychological damage we’re suffering, thanks to our abuse of cell phones. And the one area that’s taking the biggest hit? Our sex lives. Stop taking your cellphone into the bedroom and definitely don’t check it when your partner is getting frisky with you.
- Your ‘Togetherness’ Status
Monogamy doesn’t have to be synonymous with monotony. Being in a long-term relationship could sometimes lead to a loss of romance and a slower sex life, but don’t lose hope just yet. Just read up on tips to zest up your boudoir behavior.
- Your Intimate Playtime
Sexual satisfaction has nothing to do with being single or being in a relationship. Loads of women are perfectly happy to go on adventures and indulge in some safe but casual sex, while others make sure to take matters into their own hands, so to speak. It’s a good idea to explore and get better acquainted with your own erogenous zones. Sex toys are easily available and now you even get ones that will take intimate selfies.
PS: Explore our Wellness section for spa DIY, natural home care and more.
Here’s your complete guide to Emotional Well-being.
Sinful 7: What’s Your Sex Personality?
5 Emotional Blocks That Are Affecting Your Sex Drive